Thursday, April 30, 2009

Patience....

One of my favorite things to do with a camera is long exposure shots. I don't know what it is about them, but I love the look of an image taken at night. My digital doesn't give me the luxury of doing anything more than 30 seconds, but I've spent several nights out in the desert or mountains during the new moon, doing five or six hour star trail shots with my 4x5. It's a good excuse to sit around in the dark silence and just enjoy being alone.....holding a baseball bat in case a mountain lion or something shows up. Since film is not easily posted on a blog, here are a few digital ones...maybe I'll find someone with a film scanner and win their friendship for the sole purpose of scanning my star trail photos. Maybe...

1)

Canon EOS-10D w/24-70mm, 30s @ f/2.8, ISO800

2)

Canon EOS-10D w/24-70mm, 30s @ f/7.1, ISO100

3)

Canon EOS-10D w/24-70mm, 15s @ f/5.6, ISO800

4)

Canon EOS-10D w/24-70mm, 25s @ f/14, ISO800

5)

Canon EOS-10D w/24-70mm, 8s @ f/4, ISO400

6)

Canon EOS-10D w/24-70mm, 30s @ f/3.5, ISO200

0 critiques:

Why this is here:

I used to be on the track to being a professional photographer, but then I started doing other crap. As a result, I have created tons of images spanning the length of my photography "career." Instead of letting them sit in boxes or on my hard drive until I die, I figured I might share some of them. Some I consider some of my my good work, some are bad photos from good times, and some I just like for no reason. Enjoy, and please do give me some constructive criticism, as I still use the magical light trapping box from time.

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP